Sunday, July 25, 2010

Glossy refinishing on my Kamaka HF-3 tenor ukulele

As I mentioned in my last post, I had my Kamaka tenor ukulele refinished from satin to gloss.  Here are a couple of photos that show the difference between the original to the newer makeover version

This is a photo taken of me with the original satin finish ukulele (in Lahaina, Maui).  It did show the curl more when the pictures were taken with a flash camera, or it was reflected in the right lighting.  But this photo is an accurate portrayal of how it generally looked at a glance, when those proper situations were not present.

As you can see from the photo below, the ukulele in its gloss version brings out the curl in the koa a little bit more (taken in my backyard, while wearing my Reyn Spooner official Kamaka Ukulele Hawaiian shirt).

No comments:

Post a Comment